Vampire’s Kiss Cocktail
If you have kids, come Halloween, you’ll be surrounded by all sorts of plastic kitsch and tempted by treats that are so sweet they should be considered poisonous. So enter our Vampire’s Kiss Cocktail. Our Halloween adult drink with just enough red wine to get you through the night is still appropriately decorated to let you partake in the festivities, too.
How to Make the Base Drink – a Kalimotxo
The base of the drink is a Kalimotxo, a popular Basque cocktail of equal parts cola and cheap red wine. No need to go high end at the wine store.
Any house wine or wine under $8 will do. We used a Yellowtail Pinot Noir because we wanted a darker finish to compliment the decorations.
And those decorations are just a little of gold lustre dust and gold leaf. You can easily get both on Amazon fairly cheaply. The lustre dust is a popular baking decoration, which you can also find at Michaels.
The dry ice is usually available for sale at most local supermarkets but call ahead to make sure. Just a note about the dry ice: do not buy it ahead of time to store in your freezer. It will evaporate and you’ll literally find yourself holding an empty bag.
Buy it a few hours before the party or serving your guests.
Other Wanderspice Halloween Recipes:
Like the recipe? Pin it!
Vampire's Kiss Halloween Cocktail
- .5 cup red wine cheap is fine
- .5 cup cola chilled
- sprinkle gold lustre dust
- 2 cubes dry ice
- gold leaf optional
- In a serving glass, mix together the red wine and cola.
- Using a small fork or spoon, scoop just a bit of the lustre dust and mix into the drink. Don't use your fingers because the dust will stick.
- Right before serving drop in the dry ice.
- OPTIONAL - you can decorate the glass with strips of gold leaf. Use a thin makeup brush to apply to a dry clean glass. You can also shred little bits of gold leaf into the drink. Pure gold leaf is ok for consumption. But don't go crazy with it.