Potato Leek and Bacon Soup w / Shaved Parmesan CheesePrint Rate
Ingredients for Potato Leek Bacon Soup w / Shaved Parmesan Cheese
- 2 large Idaho Potatoes
- 1 large leek
- 8 strips Apple Wood Bacon
- 1 large white onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 stems scallions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 cup grated parmesan grated
- 1 cup shaved parmesan shaved
- 1/2 cup thyme picked
- 4 spigs thyme
Instructions for Potato Leek Bacon Soup w / Shaved Parmesan Cheese
- Peel and dice Idaho potatoes, celery, white onion, and leeks. Be sure leeks are free of dirt. Rough chop is ok.
- Using a separate pan cook eight strips of Apple Wood Bacon and reserve bacon fat, and place dried strips of bacon on paper towels. Set aside.
- Allow to sweat for 5 minutes.
- Next add garlic powder, onion powder, and thyme.
- After 30 seconds add kosher salt and water.
- Close lid and allow "Saute" setting to complete.
- In a separate pot add heavy cream and cook on high heat for one minute. Shut off heat.
- Once Insta pot has completed soup cycle, add just the veggies and 1/2 cup reserved water to a blender.
- Blend on high for 2 minutes.
- Potato puree should have a slight green tint (from the celery and scallions), add the puree to the heavy cream pot and cook on low heat for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Check salt to your liking, please add a little at a time.
- Serve immediately and garnish with bacon strips, thyme sprigs and shaved parmesan, as pictured. Enjoy.
- Note: If you wanna keep it vegetarian omit bacon and add 1/2 tbs. coconut oil.