Pineapple Mango Smoothie [Thai Inspired]
A creamy and lush blend of bright Thai fruits and herbs.
This is the first recipe in our Around the World in 10 Smoothies series, where we take the traditional, regional fruits and vegetables, along with indigenous spices to come up with our interpretation of ethnic smoothies. Our Thai-inspired Pineapple Smoothie adds mango, coconut milk, and lime to highlight the tropical diversity of Thailand.
You should be able to find perfect mangoes and pineapples in your local market. This pineapple smoothie recipe has the right balance, but you can add or subtract to it any way you want. The only thing I would keep exact is the coconut milk and the lime juice. Too much coconut milk will hide the mango and pineapple. If your fruits are ripe and sweet, you can remove honey from the recipe.
Your smoothie should pour out smooth. If it seems too thick just add a little more water when blending it.
If you are not a fan of mint, you can omit it from the recipe, but why would you? Mint adds so much freshness to the smoothie, I highly recommend it.
Falls in love a dash of Thai ‘whiskey’ (actually just a dark rum)
Stir memories of jitney bus rides across Thailand with crates of yellow mangoes tumbling in the back
In the spice chest, you’ll find herbs like mint and sweet Thai basil
Suggestions and Alternatives
- If you like your smoothies very thick, add a scoop or two of plain yogurt.
- To turn this pineapple smoothie into a pineapple dessert, swap out the coconut milk for coconut ice cream and add a few teaspoons of sugar should your fruits turn out to be a bit too tart.
- To fully experience the range of Thai flavors, replace the mint with sweet Thai basil. It’ll add a stronger aromatic layer to the blend.
- Some other Thai recipes to try, Thai Spicy Meatballs and Lemongrass Poundcake with Thai Coffee Caramel.
Like the recipe? Pin it!
Pineapple Smoothie with mango, mint, and lime.
Pineapple Mango Smoothie
- 1 pineapple ripe
- 1 mango ripe
- 1 cup coconut milk unsweetened
- 2 tbs. honey quality
- 10 mint leaves fresh
- 1/2 cup ice filtered
- 1 cup water filtered
- 2 tbs. lime juice fresh
peel and dice one whole ripe pineapple, be sure to remove the core of the pineapple. Medium dice and add to blender
peel and dice one whole mango. add to blender
add one cup coconut milk, unsweetened
add 1/2 cup Ice
add 1 cup filtered water
add 2 tbs. lime juice
add 2 tbs. honey
add 10 mint leaves and blend for 2 minutes on medium high
serve immediately in a tall chilled glass.