Mini Carrot Bundt Cakes
There’s one tiny secret to making these Mini Carrot Bundt Cakes. It’s not the Pecan Drizzle, although I don’t blame you for thinking so. It’s not the fragrant cinnamon and nutmeg that grace the cake with sparks of warmth.
The secret is….
condensed milk, instead of sugar!
In my humble opinion, a cake isn’t worth the effort unless it’s creamy moist on the inside and with just the right amount of bake on the outside – to quote the baking goddess, Mary Berry. If you haven’t seen the Great Britain Baking show, you have not lived.
Our Mini Carrot Bundt Cake Recipe (I should really write “my” recipe as Eddie stood with me in the kitchen for moral support, but as chef experienced in savory dishes, he looked on as if he were witnessing a gruesome science experiment), works so well because the condensed milk adds just enough sweetness as to not overwhelm the delicate carrots, but makes the cake so moist and springy.
I went light on the carrots. Most carrot cakes tend to be denser and darker, but I wanted the bundts to be little pockets of autumn clouds with the right blend of carrots, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
They serve as perfect cups for the second star of the dessert table – the pecan drizzle.
We are so fortunate to live in Georgia where we have access to the some of the country’s best produce. We bought the pecans from a local vendor, fresh and raw.
The pecan drizzle on the Mini Carrot Bundt Cakes took literally a minute to make – crushed pecans swirled with a good amount of condensed milk. I dropped a spoonful in the middle and let the extra dance down the sides, pooling at the bottom.
It makes for a beautiful presentation.
For a full rundown on buying the best carrots, take a look at our Roasted Brown Sugar Carrots recipe.
Like the recipe? Pin it!
Mini Carrot Bundt Cakes with Pecan Drizzle
Mini Bundt Cakes
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 6 large carrots washed, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped Georgia pecans
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
Mini Bundt Cakes
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 350° F.
- Whisk the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cloves together in a medium-sized bowl.
- In another large bowl, whisk the eggs, carrots and condensed milk.
- Continue to whisk, while slowly drizzling in the oil, until thoroughly combined and emulsified.
- Whisk in the flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Give the batter a few more folds with a rubber spatula to completely incorporate. Using *six compartment mini silicon bundt cake molds* gently add batter.
- Tap the mold against the countertop two or three times to settle the batter.
- Bake the cake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbles attached. About 15 minutes, rotating the mold halfway through the baking time.
- Cool the cakes completely before removing from mold, about one hour.
- In a separate bowl add sweetened condensed milk, chopped pecans, cinnamon. Fold until completely incorporated.
- Spoon a good amount of the pecan mix onto the center and over cooled mini bundt cakes.