Nothing says you're still a kid in an adult body like a Frozen Strawberry Margarita. You still get the creamy, chilled fruitiness of the sweet strawberries with oh-so-grown-up kick of pure Mexican Tequila. Our version gets a fresh update with bright bursts of mint and lime.
Although frozen strawberries tend to be sweet enough, I added agave to help round off the harsh edges from the tequila. Kosher salt around the rim makes for a pretty presentation, too.
Falls in love with any spicy side dish
Stir memories of meeting Eddie for the first time on Cinco de Mayo
In the spice chest you'll find lime and mint leaves
Suggestions and Alternatives
- You can easily make this a Limeade Margarita by swapping out the strawberries for lime juice concentrate.
- If you choose to make a limeade version, be sure to adjust your sugar levels to compensate.
- Pair with our Authentic Mexican Salsa.
More Strawberry Recipes
Like the recipe? Pin it!
- 1/2 bag frozen strawberries
- 3 tablespoons agave
- 2 cups ice
- 1 cup water
- 10 leaves mint
- 1/2 wedge lime
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup margarita mix
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Using a blender add Ice, margarita mix, tequila, lime juice, frozen strawberries, water, and agave.
- Blend for 2 minutes.
- Wet the rim of your glass and sprinkle kosher salt over top.
- Pour frozen margarita, garnish with strawberries, lime wedge and mint.
Summer here I come. This will definitely be a drink I make this summer. Thanks for sharing.
Looks so refreshing. I'm saving this to try. Thanks for idea!